I have struggled over the past few years, since adopting our little Maltese dog, to get pet clothes and dog apparel that is good quality and fits correctly.
dog t-shirt with a cute fire engine and dalmatian print on jersey knit fabric. (as seen in picture)
I purchased several dog shirts from various "Big Box Stores" such as Walmart, Petco, Petsmart, Target, and a few others. We sat and took them apart and really studied how they were made. Here is what we found:
- Thin, poor quality fabrics.
- Not all seams were properly sewn together.
- The pattern wasn't cut correctly and areas in the seams had been folded over and then sewn together, adding several weak layers of fabric.
- Sizes where smaller then they type of dog they were supposed to fit.
- Fabric was not preshrunk, after washing as suggested by the manufacturer the garment decreased in size significantly.
What does all these mean to you, the pet owner who's looking for a quality dog shirt and spending $10-20 of your hard earned money?
Answer - You will get something that's not going to last and will fall apart after a few washings, or even a few times of your dog wearing the pet clothes.
I spent some time really studying how these dog clothes were manufactured. And I looked at the dog apparel and pet clothing patterns I had, as well as reviewing my own designs. The end result was a re-designed quality dog shirt, that will fit your dog better, uses quality designer fabrics, and are made to last keeping sharp attention to every detail.
Now, when you purchase dog apparel and pet clothes from Whirly Dog Supplies, you can have the confidence that you are buying a product that is of the highest quality, attention to detail makes the workmanship better then the rest, will fit your dog properly, and is designed to last!